Are you looking for the steps to view and manage network zones in Firewall in TechGenie Total Security and Absolute? Well, look no further, you can easily view and manage zones on your network adapters with the help of solution available here. But, before you start, let us tell you that Firewall is one of the important components of TechGenie Total Security and Absolute and the same protects your computer from inbound and outbound unauthorized connection attempts, both on local networks and on the Internet.
The Firewall uses two types of rules to filter transmitted data from your system, the Firewall Rules and Firewall Activity, in which the Firewall Rules is, categorized into three parts General Rules, Application Rules and Adapter Rules.
The Adapter Rules determines whether your computer can communicate with other computers connected to the same network and for each network connection it allows you to configure special trusted or untrusted zones. So, in case you don’t know what a trusted and untrusted zone is, then let us tell you that a trusted zone is a device that you fully trust, for example a computer or a printer and an untrusted zone is a device that you do not want your computer to communicate with at all.
To view and manage zones on your network adapters in Firewall, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Open the Antivirus window.
2. Click on “Rules” and “Manage Firewall Rules” window will appear.
3. Select “Firewall Rules.”
4. Under “Firewall Rules”, click “Adapter Rules.”
5. A new window will appear displaying the network adapters with active connections and the current zones, if any.
6. To manage the zones, use the buttons on the lower part of the window:
• Add Zone - Opens the “Add IP Address window” where you can create a new zone for a selected adapter.
• Edit Zone - Opens the “Edit Rule window” where you can modify the settings of a selected zone.
• Remove Zone - Delete the selected zone.
See, how easily you can view and manage zones on your network adapters in Firewall in TechGenie Total Security and Absolute. So, the next time you want to make any such changes, simply refer to the solution here and view and manage zones depending upon your requirement.