Wondering how to run a Quick Scan with TechGenie Antivirus? Well, it is simple, here we tell you how. Quick Scan detects malware running in your system and uses only a fraction of the system resources required by regular virus scan. Also, the time taken to perform a Quick scan is variable, which more or less depends upon the amount of data stored in the system.
Running a Quick Scan using TechGenie Antivirus is easy. You can simply follow the steps mentioned below and start a Quick Scan with your Antivirus to detect the presence of malware running in your system.
Running a Quick Scan
To run a Quick Scan, follow these steps:
1. Open the Antivirus window.
2. On the Antivirus panel, click ‘Scan’ and then select ‘Quick Scan’. Follow the Antivirus Scan wizard to complete the scan.
3. Wait for Antivirus scan to finish scanning. The scanning process may take a while, depending on the complexity of the scan.
To stop or Pause the scan
4. You can stop scanning anytime you want by clicking ‘Stop Scan’. You will go directly to the last step of the wizard. To temporarily stop the scanning process, just click ‘Pause Scan’. If a scan has been paused then you will have to click ‘Resume Scan’ to restart the scan.
5. At the end of the scan, the scan result window will appear.
6. Click on ‘Scan Results button’ to view the scan results in detail.
You can choose an overall action to be taken for all issues or you can select separate actions for each group of issues detected. The following options appear on the menu:
See, how easily you can run a Quick Scan using a TechGenie Antivirus and help detect malware and similar other malicious threat running in your system.