Do you know what a Parental control is or how it can help you safeguard the online presence of your child? Well, Parental Control is one of the many features of TechGenie Total Security and Absolute that enables you to control access to the Internet and also to specific applications for the user holding account on the system. The Parental control feature is very effective for children as once configured, it can easily track the online activity of the children and protect them from online stalkers, predators or those who befriend the innocent for nefarious purposes.
So, if you have a computer with Internet access, you can configure Parental Control to block the following:
• Inappropriate web pages
• Internet access
• Applications like games, chat, file sharing programs or others.
The Applications control helps you to block applications like games, media and messaging software, along with other categories of software and malware and stop them from running on your PC.
To configure Applications control for a specific user account, follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Applications option” to access the Application Activity window.
2. Click “Add Application” and Add Application Wizard window appears.
3. Click on “Browse” button to access the path of application you want to block or you can type (or copy and paste) the path to the in the Website field.
4. Select the “Block radio” button to block the application and click “Add.”
5. The application will be added to the list of blocked applications. If you change your mind, click the “corresponding Edit” button to edit the status of the application.
6. If you want to remove the blocked application from the list, select the entry and click the “Remove button.”
See, how easily you can configure Applications control in Parental Control in your TechGenie Total Security and TechGenie Absolute. All you need to do is follow our instructions mentioned above and make the changes as needed.