The Anti-spam feature available in TechGenie Total Security and TechGenie Absolute enables you to create and manage your own list of trusted and un-trusted senders viz Whitelist and Blacklist. According to your convenience, you can block access to certain domain names from which you don’t want to receive messages, regardless of their content. Any e-mail message received from a blocked domain names will automatically be marked as SPAM, without further processing.
Point to remember: Do not add domains of legitimate web-based e-mail services (such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or other) to the Spammers list. Otherwise, the e-mail messages received from any registered user of such a service will be detected as Spam. If, for example, you add yahoo.com to the Spammers list, all e-mail messages coming from yahoo.com addresses will be marked as Spam.
Steps to block access to domain names
1. Open Antivirus window.
2. Click Antispam tab on the upper toolbar.
3. In the List Management window, click on Manage Blacklist.
4. Select the Domain Name radio button.
5. Enter the domain name in the corresponding field.
• @domain.com, *domain.com and domain.com – all the received e-mail messages from domain.com will be tagged as SPAM;
• *domain* – all the received e-mail messages from domain (no matter the domain suffixes) will be tagged as SPAM;
• *com – all the received e-mail messages having the domain suffix com will be tagged as SPAM.
It is recommended to avoid adding entire domains, but this may be useful in some situations.
6. Click Add. The Domain Name will be added to the list of blocked e-mail domain address. If you change your mind and want to delete an item from the list, click the corresponding Remove button.
7. Click Save to store the changes and close the window.
Note: According to your convenience, at any point in time you can unblock access to required domain name.